The Cloud Forest School strives to offer equal opportunity education in an effort to ensure that as many local children as possible can attend our school. However, many of our students’ families cannot afford to pay full tuition. This year, the CFS is offering more than $190,000 in financial aid to more than 75% of our students.
By educating the children of Monteverde about the diversity and importance of the cloud forest, we work to ensure that they will learn to value and preserve this endangered ecosystem. A strong command of the English language also ensures students will have multiple opportunities when they leave the CFS.
Recently, many of our students’ families here in Monteverde have been greatly affected by the global economic crisis. Families whose jobs and monthly income rely on tourism are now struggling to make monthly tuition payments. These parents and students are concerned that due to their inability to pay tuition, they will have to leave our school before graduating.
Currently, 28 of our students at the school are in great need of financial assistance, and will not be able to return to the CFS next year without additional support. We hope that you will consider sponsoring a student’s tuition for the 2013-2014 school year.
- Seedling Scholars: $290/month will support the full tuition of a preschool or kindergarten student.
- Elementary Students: $290/month will support the full tuition of an elementary student, grades 1-4
- Middle School Students: $310/month will support the full tuition of a middle shool student, grades 5-7
- High School Students: $330/month will support the full tuition of a high school student, grades 8-11
- Sponsorships are also available for 50% tuition sponsorship
We hope that you strongly consider sponsoring a student here at the CSF. As a CFS Student Sponsor, you will receive bi-annual updates and photos from the student’s teachers on how your student is doing at the CFS. You will be playing a key role in the success of our students and their families!
If you are interested in becoming a Student Sponsor, or if you would like more information about the program, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org