The Cloud Forest School is a bilingual, progressive PreK–11th grade private school located in rural Monteverde, Costa Rica. Our educational and institutional philosophy is founded in sustainability and economic justice. Ninety-five percent (95%) of our 200 students are Costa Rican, 5% are international students (generally from the US and Canada), and more than 75% of our local students receive deeply discounted tuition. Our staff of 38 is made up of half Costa Rican and half international professionals deeply dedicated to progressive, bi-lingual education.
The Cloud Forest School is proud to hire experienced, certified teachers from around the world. We begin to identify and post available positions in late January/early February, interview (via Skype and/or telephone) in March and April, and make hiring decisions in May. Our school year runs from mid-August to early June.
Available Teaching Positions for the 2014 – 2015 school year (August start):
Please check back regularly as listings will continue to be updated through mid-February.
- High School Math Teacher
- Bilingual Elementary School Teachers, 4th grade
Download general teaching description here.
If our mission speaks to you, and you are:
- A certified teacher with 3-5 years experience (not exclusively TESOL, TEFL, TOEFL, etc.)
- Bilingual preferred (Spanish/English)
- Experienced in progressive education
- Willing to make a multi-year commitment
- A team player, willing to collaborate across grade levels and disciplines
- Willing and eager to grow as a person and a professional
- Positive and adventurous
We invite you to Apply Now for a teaching position.
Non-Teaching Positions for 2014-15 School Year
- Academic Manager of Middle and High School, Job Description
- Academic Manager of the Lower School, Job Description
- External Relations Manager, Job Description
We invite you to Apply Now for a non-teaching position.
Resources for Applicants: