The Cloud Forest School (known locally in Spanish as the Centro de Educación Creativa) is a private, non-profit, nondenominational educational and environmental organization. We offer our students a creative, bilingual education and a strong environmental education program.
The Cloud Forest School At A Glance:
- Campus: 42 hectares (106 acres) located at 1,500 meters (5,000 feet) above sea level. Originally owned by The Nature Conservancy, our campus includes both primary and secondary forest
- Curriculum: Progressive, bilingual, environmental education at all levels
- Students: Current enrollment of 200 students (95% local, 5% internationall) from pre-school through 11th grade graduation, one class per grade
- Faculty and Staff: 33 total (17 Costa Rican, 16 North American)
- Financial Aid: offered to more than 75% of students
- Approved site for university study abroad and student teaching programs
Check out our CFS Fast Facts for more information on who we are.