On behalf of all of our students and staff, we thank you very much for choosing the Cloud Forest School/Centro de Educación Creativa. Those before you have worked hard to build this school and you will be part of a global family devoted to the CFS/CEC and its students. We pledge to do our best to ensure that your stay with us is a rewarding, educational, and fulfilling experience for everyone involved. Please do not hesitate to contact us with any additional questions during the application process and pre-departure arrangements.
Sample program includes:
- Host Family placement, 3 meals a day and laundry once per week.
- Transportation to/from San Jose (or your next destination) at the start and end of your trip.
- Service projects with our Land Steward and Maintenance Staff on our beautiful 106-acre campus, (project materials, supervision, trouble shooting, etc.)
- Trips and tours in Monteverde (see below).
- Internet use at school.
- Transportation to/from school from host family residence each day of service.
- Monteverde coffee for adults
- End of week celebration
These trips and tours are arranged to suit your preferences for what you and your group would like to experience while in Monteverde. Groups may choose from the following options:
- Serpentario (Snake House)
- El Jardín de Mariposas (Butterfly Garden)
- Jardín de Orquídeas (Orchid Garden)
- Ranario (Frog House)
- Twilight walk in Bajo del Tigre (Children’s Eternal Rainforest)
- Selvatura zip-lining/canopy tour
- Horseback riding (2 hour tour)
- Horseback ride to hot springs in Santa Elena
- The Bat Jungle
- Don Juan Coffee Tour
- Guided Tour of the Ecological Sanctuary (day or night)
- Guided Tour of the Monteverde Reserve (day or night)
Prices are per person per week. All include a homestay with a local family (3 meals per day and laundry once per week). Service projects at the school are organized to suit the number of your group and time spent at the school.
We require a deposit of 50% to be paid 2 months before your visit in order to reserve dates, purchase materials, organize events and activities, and to arrange homestays for your party. In high season, groups often apply for the same week(s), so please RSVP as soon as possible to secure your trip. We will not be able to accommodate more than one group in the same week.
Homestays are organized with the families of CEC students in the zone. All families are experienced in hosting young visiting students and homes are checked to ensure cleanliness and comfort. Every effort will be made to ensure an overall good experience with these warm, loving people. Homestays provide 3 meals per day (lunch packed to take to school), laundry once per week, and a private room for their guests. Homestays receive $20 per day for hosting a CEC student.
*Itineraries are negotiable.